I know I’m about to get very petty but I seem to have so many peeves when it comes to shopping I want to name, just a few.
My biggest problem is that I am single and when I go shopping I go alone. I know some people don’t consider that a problem but when you go with a set ‘course’ and don’t like to deviate from it then you get yourself into so much trouble.
- There’s the time I went to a book shop to find a colouring book. OK, simple enough but I get to the section and there are three people standing there taking up the space. The woman who is actually there looking for a colouring book, her daughter, aged 10 who is standing beside her playing a game on a mobile phone and then her husband who is there for no other reason but he wants to go shopping with his wife. Hello?? It only needs one person to pick a book. Get out of the way!!!!!!
- Going up or down an escalator and you get to the end and you want to head off in the direction you are going but……. the people or person in front stops and looks around to see which way they want to go. For heavens sake!!! You’ve been on the escalator, surely you could have figured it out BEFORE you got off.
- Going up or down an escalator and you get to the end and you want to get off BUT the group or person in front sees someone they know and they STOP!!! Forgetting all the people behind them. They don’t move off to an area where no one is walking they just stop and take a stand. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!
- You’ve been standing in line to get to the checkout and there are four people in front of you. Guess what? All four of them are from the one family. So they all go to the register together. What? They don’t allow anyone to buy something ON THEIR OWN!! Stand off to the side and let someone else in if numerous registers are open at the same time.
- Then there’s the trolley hoggers. I just love it. Sure if you’ve got groceries you don’t want to leave them in the car but go shopping FIRST and then go get your groceries before you go back to the car. Or if you have bought items that could go in the car and they are large.. then take them back to the car and ditch the trolley but GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!
- The family who shops together, stays together and rather than walk in a single line they walk side by side, all FIVE OF THEM!!! Seriously? You don’t think anyone wants to get past you?
Shopping has always been fun for me and I even love to window shop but I seem to get behind the people who HOG THE WAY with either a trolley, a pram or an entire family.
Shops are small but when a trolley or pram comes in all bets are off – I just want to plough right through them or better yet, get the hell outta dodge. Seriously people have no consideration for anyone else when it comes to shopping. I only seem to go once a week but it’s becoming an “CHORE” rather than FUN.
Worse still, this coming Friday is the end of Term One here in Melbourne, which means that all kids are home only holidays for two weeks. OK so I don’t go shopping during the week but why do their parents insist on taking them on Saturday and Sunday when it’s my turn to go shopping?
Yes I’m becoming one of those people who complains about shopping but, in my eyes, I have every right to. What do you think?